Eden_Medical| April 20, 2018
Who doesn’t want to stay young forever?
Wouldn’t it be great to be able to stay looking young and fresh forever? Sadly, the reality of it is, is that as we age our skin loses its elasticity, wrinkles appear, and our faces start to sag as gravity takes its toll on the fat on our face. Fortunately, there is good news…
For many years, it has been possible to counteract the signs of aging with plastic surgery, or Botulinum toxin injections, but there is wide use of Hyaluronic Acid as a component of dermal lip fillers.
What is a dermal lip filler?
A dermal lip filler is a kind of soft tissue that is designed to be injected into the skin in order to improve appearance. It can be used to plump the face to aid in the reduction of ‘marionette’ lines, naso-labial lines, and can also give fuller lips, or a more symmetrical look.
Hyaluronic Acid is a component of dermal lip fillers as it is a substance that already occurs naturally in the body. It has many functions, for example giving the skin elasticity, providing skin with volume and giving it a youthful appearance.
As it is a substance that is already present in the body, there is a decreased risk of an adverse reaction to its use. It will also be broken down and absorbed into the body. This results in a cosmetic effect that is non-permanent, but that can be repeated. As the body will not build up a resistance to this substance, the amount used for each subsequent treatment will not need to be increased, unless you are looking to achieve a different result.
Which type of dermal lip filler is used in the Eden Medical Clinic?
At the Eden Medical Clinic we use a dermal lip filler called Restylane. It contains biodegradable, non-animal stabilised hyaluronic acid that is produced in sterile laboratory conditions. Of all of the fillers available, this is the only one that is reversible.
Are there any side effects?
Medical side effects –
· If you suffer from cold sores (facial herpes), this treatment can sometimes cause an outbreak. Make sure that you have a prescription of oral medication from your doctor before you have your treatment.
Cosmetic side effects –
· There may be swelling for 24-72 hours. This varies from person to person
· There may be swelling, redness, itching and discolouration at the injection sites. This should resolve itself within 2-7 days.
· Mild bruising and a slight blush may appear immediately at the injection. This should resolve itself within 2-7 days.
How to avoid bruising.
· Do not take ibuprofen, aspirin or advil for a week before treatment and for 2 days after treatment.
· Ice the area
· Other than walking, do not exercise for 24 hours after the procedure
If you think that a dermal lip fill is the treatment you are looking for then contact us at the Eden Medical Clinic.
The ultimate gift for the one you love!
Don't know where to start? Purchase a voucher online or call
(021) 206 7768
There are no clinics booked this week.