Is the appearance of your smile overshadowed by excessive display of gum?
Gummy smile can have a negative affect on the aesthetics of your smile. The good news is that a gummy smile can be corrected through the use of injections
When you smile, do you feel the appearance of your upper teeth is overshadowed by excessive gum? Are you of the opinion that your upper teeth appear too short compared to the amount of gingival tissue displayed when you smile? If you answered "yes" to either of these questions, you may have a condition that is commonly called a gummy smile or excessive gingival display.
- An excessive display of gum tissue in your upper jaw can result from the abnormal eruption of the teeth. Teeth covered by excessive gum tissue appear short, even though they may actually be the proper length.
- The muscle that controls the movement of your upper lip could be hyperactive, causing your upper lip to rise up higher than normal. When this occurs, more of your gum tissue is exposed when you smile.
- The manner in which your upper jaw bone grew and developed could cause the appearance of a gummy smile. For instance, if there was an excessive bulging protrusion of the upper jaw within the gum tissue, you would experience an obvious gummy appearance when you smile.
An Aesthetic Problem or Something More?
The smile line or aesthetic zone – the teeth that are showing when you are smiling – is determined by several factors, including:
- The shape and size of your lips.
- Your facial muscles.
- The shape and size of your teeth.
- Your gum tissue.
The optimal smile line appearance should reveal the least amount of gum tissue possible. Gum tissue visible in the smile line should have balanced, even contours that are in harmony with the upper lip. It is for this reason that many people with a gummy smile or excessive gingival display feel their smile to be unattractive, oftentimes feeling reluctant to smile at all.
Botox Treatment Procedure
Prior to the procedure, the Doctor will apply a numbing cream onto the lip to decrease sensitivity, During the procedure, the Doctor will inject a small amount of botulinum on each side of the lip to relax the hyperactive muscle and their ability to contract and pull the lip upwards, thus decreasing the amount of gum showing when smiling.
STANDARD PRICE LIST
GUMMY SMILE TREATMENT: