At The Eden Medical Clinc we offer excellent treatments to address Hyperhydrosis. The common areas of concern include underarms, hands and feet.
All procedures are carried out by our highly experienced doctor, Emma Sheehan.
What is Hyperhydrosis?
Hyperhidrosis is a condition characterized by abnormally increased sweating, in excess of that required for regulation of body temperature. Although primarily a physical burden, hyperhidrosis can deteriorate quality of life from a psychological, emotional, and social perspective..
what are the causes?
The cause of primary hyperhidrosis is unknown, although some physicians[who?] claim it is caused by overactivity of the sympathetic nervous system. Anxiety or excitement can exacerbate the condition for many sufferers. A common complaint of patients is they get nervous because they sweat, then sweat more because they are nervous. Other factors can play a role, including certain foods and drinks, nicotine, caffeine, and smells.
What are the available treatments?
Botox (botulinum toxin injections): Anti-wrinkle injections can be injected just under the skin to block the release of acetylcholine, which activates the sweat glands. It is usually effective for 6-8 months. The use of various local anaesthetic techniques minimizes the discomfort of the injections.
Why choose us to treat Excessive Sweating / Hyperhidrosis?
- We are Munster’s largest provider of Hyperhidrosis injections with over 1,000 treatments completed.
- Your treatment will be carried out by a medical professional at our clinic.
- A medical consultation will be carried out prior to any treatment to ensure you are a suitable candidate.
- Our clients have commented on how ‘painless and quick’ the treatment was.
- We have 100% satisfaction record with our clients who have said they have ‘ 90-100% reduction ‘7 days after the treatment.
- We carry out follow up appointments after two weeks to ensure that you are happy with your results and that your sweating has been eliminated.
Contact us on 021-2067768 to book a consultation for your treatment. We look forward to seeing you :)
What is Botox ?
Botox (Botulinum toxin) is a protein produced by the the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It relaxes muscles by temporarily blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes lines and wrinkles. The cosmetic effect of Botox was first documented as early as 1989 and was approved by the FDA in 2002. It is now regularly used by many, both male and female, as it is less intrusive and less artificial in appearance than the traditional form of treatment such as plastic surgery.
What type of Botox is used ?
We use a product called Azalure, which we consider to be the best brand on the market.
What is the treatment process of Botox?
Before the treatment :
A full medical consultation with the doctor will determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the treatment. The doctor may examine your ability to move certain muscles to determine location, size and use of the muscles that create your wrinkles. Then, the treatment goal will be discussed and finalised and a customised treatment plan will be created for you
The treatment :
No anaesthesia is required. However, the doctor may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anaesthetic cream. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. The treatment will take approximately 15 minutes to complete
After the treatment :
Avoid touching, rubbing or applying make up on the treated areas for 4 hours. Excessive exercise should also be avoided for 24 hours post treatment. The procedure will take around 15 minutes to complete. Specific after care instructions will be given to you on the day of your treatment by our Clinic Coordinator
Am I suitable for Botox?
Only you and your doctor can decide if the treatment is right for you and your concerns. During your medical consultation, our expert Botox doctor will assess your medical history and make sure you are suitable for the treatment.
Ensure to tell the doctor about all of your medical conditions, including:
- A disease that effects your muscles and nerves such as Myastenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- Allergies to any Botulinum toxin products
- Medication that you are currently taking
- Whether you have had any facial surgery or plan to have surgery
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, or are breast feeding.
Who should NOT use BOTOX?
Not to be used if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Are there any side effects?
Botox: Injection related side effects are minimal and temporary such as redness, swelling and bruising. Spreading of the Botox to the muscles nearby can be easily prevented by avoiding rubbing or massaging the treated areas for 4 hours
How long will the results last?
The Botox results generally last 3 - 6 months The lasting time of these products is variable and as we all have different metabolism rates and the product is broken down differently for everyone. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent result leaving you the option of refining your treatment in accordance with what you desire at a particular point in time. You will need to repeat this treatment for optimum outcomes every 4-6 months
Why have the treatment at EDEN MEDICAL CLINIC?
- SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of Ireland’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in all procedures
- SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our staff will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
- CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is performed in a Therapy Rooms, Victoria Cross, located about 10 minutes from the city centre, which gives you that extra bit of privacy. We have our own beautiful private waiting room for your comfort and discretion.
- HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: We have many Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many patients who have referred their family and friends to the clinic.
- PREMIUM MEDICATION: We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
- We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Standard price list
Both underarms - €400
We offer expert treatments at competitive prices and a free, medical consultation appointment to discuss your suitability. Please subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest special offers and clinic news