Do you want to beautifully enhance the shape and volume of your lips? With Restylane dermal fillers, administered by an experienced, specialist, cosmetic doctor at Eden Medical Clinic, you can.
Lips are such an important part of facial beauty. For many people, fuller and more sensuous lips are a big aspect to feeling more attractive and confident. These can be easily created using material naturally found in the body, hyaluronic acid. A simple, safe, temporary dermal filler treatment can add volume and definition which can enhance smaller lips or even average sized lips. The procedure can also balance out asymmetric lips or reduce the appearance of those fine, vertical lines above the lip, sometimes a big problem with smokers.
Which part of the lip can be enhanced?
- Vermilion border or lip outline - for defining the outline of the lip
- Body of the lip - Lip augmentation targeting the fleshy part of the upper and lower lip – for volume, pout and fullness
- Cupids bow definition – adds definition and contouring
We advise to avoid touching or applying make up on the treated area for 6 hours in order to prevent infection. Specific post treatment instructions will be given to you on the day of your treatment.
The results are immediate and last from 6-12 months. We provide a complementary 1 week follow up review to ensure you are happy with your results. As the results are temporary, adjustments can be made as your face changes over time and you will always retain a beautiful natural look
Before & After Gallery
What does the procedure involve?
Prior the treatment : Prescription anaesthetic numbing cream will be applied for 15-20 minutes prior the treatment to make the area numb for less discomfort.
The procedure : Dermal filler is injected at precise locations into your skin or lip. Dr. Emma will then massage to smooth and even out the product. You will be given a mirror to hold to enable you to see the results as the doctor completes the treatment.
Is the procedure painful?
The lips are undoubtedly a sensitive area. Our prescription numbing cream ensures minimal discomfort. In addition, we use the products which contain anaesthetic, therefore the treatment is relatively comfortable. Dr. Emma is highly experienced in this procedure and will ensure to make the treatment as comfortable as possible for you.
Will I see the results immediately?
After the procedure, the lips often become a little swollen. This means that the result immediately after the treatment may not be the final result. The swelling usually resolves all at once within a couple of days. To achieve the result you want, it is recommended to have a touch-up treatment 1 - 2 weeks after the initial session. This will also add to the duration of the treatment effect
How long will the results last?
The result last on average from 6 to 12 months. The lasting time of these products is variable and as we all have different metabolism rates and the product is broken down differently for everyone. A plan for regular follow-up treatments to maintain the initial result can be created for you. Our treatment provides a long-lasting but not permanent result leaving you the option of refining your treatment in accordance with what you desire at a particular point in time.
What is a dermal filler?
Dermal fillers are materials that are frequently used to correct scarring, wrinkles, and sunken areas in the skin. They are a kind of soft tissue designed in such a way that enables injection into the skin for purposes of improving the appearance. Generally, they are made of several types of materials of synthetic, man-made and natural categories. They have been developed into various standards depending on the level of usage. Think of it as your skins natural putty which can be safely put into the skin to alter the shape
Which type of dermal filler is used to for lip enhancement?
The most common dermal filler used for the lip area is Hyaluronic acid (such as Restylane and Juvederm)
Hyaluronic acid is one of nature’s most versatile and intriguing substances. It is found throughout the body as well as in most other living organisms. It has many functions, for example, giving the skin elasticity, providing our skin with volume and also giving it a youthful appearance. Restylane is sterile gel consisting of non-animal, cross-linked, hyaluronic acid (HA) and are created safely and hygenically in a registered laboratory. Of all the fillers currently on the market as it is the only type of filler that is reversible. These products are FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved.
Who should NOT use Dermal filler?
Not to be used if you are pregnant or breast feeding
What are the possible medical side effects of a dermal filler like Restylane?
If you’ve previously had cold sores around the mouth (facial herpes) the treatment may provoke an outbreak. Be sure you have a supply of the oral tablets (prescription) incase this happens. Also consult your GP if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking any medication.
What are the possible cosmetic side effects?
- You may have swelling for 24-72 hours. This varies from person to person.
- After the treatment(s) some common injection-related reactions might occur, such as swelling, redness, pain, itching, discoloration and tenderness at the injection site. These typically resolve within 2 to 7 days
- Mild bruising or a slight blush might appear at the injection site immediately following treatment and may last for 2-7 days
How can I avoid bruising?
To avoid swelling and bruising, you should:
Not take aspirin, ibuprofen, or advil for 1 week before and 2 days after treatment.
Ice the swollen area after treatment under swelling reduces.
Avoid exercise except for walking for 24 hours after the procedure
Why have the treatment at EDEN MEDICAL CLINIC?
- SPECIALIST DOCTOR: You will be treated by one of Ireland’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in all procedures
- SERVICE & CARE: We pride ourselves on patient care and experience, therefore, our staff will ensure that your visit and treatment is as informative, comfortable and professional as possible
- CLINIC LOCATION: The treatment is performed in a Therapy Rooms, Victoria Cross, located about 10 minutes from the city centre, which gives you that extra bit of privacy. We have our own beautiful private waiting room for your comfort and discretion.
- HIGH PATIENT SATISFACTION: We have many Our patients are very happy with their results resulting in many returning to have additional areas. We also have many that recommend friends and family to the clinic
- PREMIUM MEDICATION: We use only premium and FDA approved products for the treatment
- We are CARE QUALITY COMMISSION (CQC) registered and a SAFE FACE approved & regulated clinic. This ensures that we carry out treatments, hygiene and patient care to the highest of standards.
Standard Price List
The the moment lip augmentation starts at the very competitive price of €225 for 0.5ml and €325 for 1ml.
* Note: These are our current offer prices and are subject to individual requirement and promotion.